Collagen is a natural body protein with many benefits, including making your skin look younger.
It accomplishes this by strengthening your bones and making your skin firm.
Collagen Makes Your Skin Look Young
Your body naturally produces this magical protein which basically holds your body together while making it look great.
However, as we age, the body produces less and less collagen – even as soon as age 25.
Not only do you have this downhill production working against your skin but sun exposure and tobacco exposure (even second hand) can degrade what collagen fibers you have left.
However, with the right products, you can help your body boost your collagen production.
Help Yourself to More Collagen
There are a couple of ways you can help your own body boost its collagen production. You can:
- Take collagen supplements
- Eat foods with collagen
- Use a Vitamin C serum
- Try micro needling
- Use light therapy
Hydrolyzed collagen (also called collagen peptides) usually comes in pill or powder form. It can:
- Improve skin elasticity
- Reduce wrinkles
- Boost skin hydration
- Support collagen production
Some collagen-rich foods include:
- Bone broth
- Egg yolks
- Organ meats
Studies have found that applying vitamin c to the skin can:
- Make the skin thicker
- Reduce appearance of deep wrinkles
- Partly reverse sun damage (in postmenopausal women)
Also known as dermarolling, this method uses tiny needles to prick small holes in the skin’s top layer.
- Stimulate the body to form new collagen fibers
- Help improve patients with deep facial scars
- Stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing processes
Using light to penetrate the skin at several angles and degrees can:
- Smooth and plump the skin
- Build collagen and elastin
- Reduce wrinkles and tighten the skin
By incorporating collagen into your life, through skin routines and supplements, you’ll soon start to see (and feel) the difference.