When we think of plant-based diets, the first thing that comes to mind is a healthy lifestyle. Luckily, this healthy lifestyle leads to a couple of benefits that include healthy skin.
Lotions and creams are all part of a good skincare routine. However, those solutions work on the surface; what happens underneath may be even more important when it comes to healthy skin.
Here’s why having a plant-based diet will help you have naturally healthier skin.
The Plant-Based Difference
- Plant-based products have a denser nutrient profile
- You’ll intake more vitamins, minerals, and healthy nutrients
- Vitamins A, C, and E work with antioxidants to keep your skin healthy
Water is King
- Staying hydrated is essential to healthy skin
- Healthy authorities recommend drinking 2 liters of water a day
- Drinking 2 liters of water can seem challenging, so rely on food with high water content
- Fruits and veggies come packed with high-water content
- Consuming more fruits and veggies will keep your skin clear and reduce irritation
- Inflammation leads to acne and other issues
- Dairy and meat are known causes of inflammation
- By removing dairy and meat from your diet, you’re reducing inflammation and positively affecting your skin
Eat More Healthy-Skin Foods
- Include healthy-skin foods to your plant-based diet
- Chia seeds and flaxseeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids and promote healthy cells
- Pineapples, papayas, and kiwis help reduce inflammation
- Green tea is antioxidant-rich and makes it easier to get your daily water levels
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial
- Berries of all kinds help repair damaged cells thanks to their antioxidant properties
- Avocados, macadamia, coconut oils, and other healthy oils help soothe the skin
Plant-based diets are all the rage nowadays and for a good reason. Not only do plant-based diets help you become a more thoughtful eater and eat healthier, but they also fill your life with benefits.
If you want to feel healthy and look healthy, then a plant-based diet might be what you need.